Monday, November 18th, 2019
Administrated by: TuGo
Underwritten by: Industrial Alliance Insurance and Financial Services Inc.
24h Emergency Assistance Center: Claims at TuGo
The optional Sports Coverage may only be purchased as an endorsement to an Emergency Medical Insurance issued by TuGo.
BENEFITS: when this Optional Coverage is purchased, the company will reimburse you for eligible hospital and medical related expenses (up to the Policy limit) for sickness or accidents while participating in, coaching, teaching, training or practicing for any of the following contact sports on behalf of a registered team, league, association or club or while competing in a registered tournament, competition or sporting event:
- Ice Hockey
- Australian Football
- Flying as a Pilot or Passenger in a Glider or Ultralight
- Backcountry Skiing/ Snowboarding/ Snowshoeing
- Downhill Freestyle Skiing/ Snowboarding in Organized Contests
- Downhill Longboarding
- Downhill Mountain Biking
- Downhill Skating
- Endurance Activities over 6 Hours
- Hang Gliding
- High Risk Snowmobiling
- Ice Climbing
- Mountaineering up to 6,000 Metres
- Non-motorized X Game Sports (or those sports in similar type events)
- Parachuting/Skydiving/ Tandem Skydiving (more than one jump per trip)
- Parasailing/Parascending over Land
- Snow Kiting
- Stunt/Aerobatic Flying
- Base Jumping
- Bull Riding/Bull Fighting
- Free Diving over 30 Metres
- Motorized Speed Contests
- Motorized X Game Sports (or those sports in similar type events)
- Mountaineering over 6,000 Metres
- Running with the Bulls
- Scuba Diving (if not certified by an internationally recognized and accepted program)
- Scuba Diving over 30 Metres
- Ultimate Fighting & Mixed Martial Arts
- Wingsuit Jumping/ Wingsuit Flying.
- Backcountry means a mountain area that is not marked, not patrolled and/or not cleared for avalanche dangers, but where public access is permitted.
- Downhill freestyle skiing/snowboarding in organized contests means any competition with the following activities: aerials, kite-skiing, mogul or cross competitions, half-pipes and/or slopestyle activities, rails, jumps and other terrain park features.
- Downhill mountain biking means biking down mountain trails or rough mountain terrain (whether as part of a race or not) and often features jumps, drops, rock gardens or other obstacles. It often requires the use of mechanical lifts.
- High risk snowmobiling means racing competitions, endurance events, high-marking and/or snowmobiling in unguided backcountry terrain.
- Motorized speed contest means any motorized vehicle race or timed event by land, air or water.
- Mountaineering up to 6,000 metres means the act of climbing or descending a mountain from a height of 6,000 metres or less using specialized equipment including but not limited to pickaxes, ice axes, anchors, bolts, crampons, carabineers and lead or top rope anchoring equipment.
- Mountaineering over 6,000 metres means the act of climbing or descending a mountain from a height of over 6,000 metres using specialized equipment including but not limited to pickaxes, ice axes, anchors, bolts, crampons, carabineers and lead or top rope anchoring equipment.
- Out-of-bounds means any mountain area that:
a) Has been closed off to public access; or,
b) Has been identified as “out-of-bounds” and/or can typically only be accessed by crossing a fenced, gated or roped-off area that has been marked as off limits according to recommendations of safety authorities in the area.
- Rodeo means an exhibition or contest in which participants showcase their skills in the following activities or events including but not limited to: bronc riding, bareback riding, roping/tying, barrel racing, steer wrestling, chuck wagon racing and/or chariot racing.
TuGo Travel Insurance POLICY PDF
TuGo is a trademark used by North American Air Travel Insurance Agents Ltd. dba TuGo and its related companies under license.